Please note that PORT Health does NOT call patients about payments. If you receive a phone call regarding payments,
please note the number from which the call was made and let us know. You can contact us contact at 252-830-7551.
PORT Health strives to provide services in a manner consistent with the "Three Pillars" that support our mission and values:
The Three Pillars represent PORT Health's guiding principles and uphold the lofty ideals of our agency. Together with our mission and values, they form a sound and solid structure for the effective delivery of services.
To improve the lives, health and well-being of individuals and families dealing with substance use and mental health disorders by providing a comprehensive range of services that treat the whole person and empower patients to find their way forward.
We support the following values that embody the guiding philosophy of our services.
- Mental illness and substance use disorders are treatable illnesses.
- Mental illness and substance use disorders in many instances are preventable.
- In the importance of providing options and opportunities to persons understanding their diverse needs and the challenges of their families.
- Each individual in need of treatment is unique and has a voice.
- All persons with mental health and substance use disorders are people first.
- In providing high-quality services to assist the persons we serve to reach their fullest potential and be active participants in the community.
- Treatment should be timely, affordable, in adherence to best practices, and should be provided in a safe, flexible, and accessible environment.
- Treatment benefits the individual person served and his or her family, but also the public health, safety, and economy of our community.
- Highly qualified, diverse, and well-trained staff is the key to realizing treatment success.
- In teamwork that fosters honesty, cooperation, and open communication.
- In sharing our patients served, staff, and program success as a means of advocating the benefits of treatment and fostering positive community attitudes regarding treatment and support services.
- In creating support services based on personal goals and desired outcomes.
- In the right of self-determination.