Intensive Outpatient programs are structured individual, family, and group activities that are provided in an outpatient setting. This time-limited, multi-faceted service is designed to assist adults to begin recovery and learn skills for recovery maintenance and includes linkage to community resources and supports.
- The Intensive Outpatient program consists of a scheduled series of sessions appropriate to the individual plan of the patient.
- Sessions are typically 3 - 5 times per week for three to four hours per session.
- The program includes services provided during days and evenings.
- The program can function as a step-down program from crisis stabilization, detoxification, residential or inpatient treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient may also be used to prevent or minimize the need for a more intensive and restrictive level of treatment and is considered to be more intensive and integrated than traditional outpatient services.
All PORT Outpatient locations offer Intensive Outpatient Services.